I’m a little late on the uptake here for the latest Pinterest Challenge, because if you’ve been following me you know what I’ve been working on.
As always, here’s a video update, done in one take and slightly punch drunk. Not literally. Also I shouldn’t say the word “drunk” and “punch” on St. Patrick’s day. I feel like it’s just a bad omen. I am in no way Irish, and I don’t celebrate getting drunk at 10am, but I did have a PBR earlier this evening—so that must count for something. Also my hair is a hot mess and my lipstick is wearing off. I checked neither of these in the mirror first. I’m a winner. If you can’t watch the video right now, just scroll below and I’ll give you the rundown.
I now know why hand crocheted rugs go for $800 dollars. They are a pain in the bleep noise to make.
The reason for this update is to say I am proud to announce that I am finally assembling the rug. Well, I’m partially assembling it. You know, the part I have done. I couldn’t stare at a pile of flowers anymore, I had to start putting it together. And, as mentioned it’s hard to visualize in the video so here are some photos of it so far.
Can I just tell you that this is the cushiest most comfortable thing I’ve ever felt under my feet?
To answer a few questions:
- No it doesn’t feel weird. I have no idea what would feel different.
- I once threatened a doctor with medical malpractice if he cut them apart while he did one of my ankle reconstructions. He was joking around, but I was dead serious.
- I can make an awesome duck noise, but I cannot swim better. I wish. I’d take that shiz all the way to the olympics if I could.
- I’m pretty fond of my syndactyly because my Memere had the same exact thing, and we’re the only two in the family who have it to this degree. I’m hoping this does not also mean that I will have four wild boys like her (only I kind of hope it does).
- Yes, I desperately need to repaint my toenails. They are currently silver, not dirty.
- My feet are ugly and my joints look weird with pressure on my feet..so 99% of the time. I am aware of this and am okay with it.
Way off track.
To get BACK on track, the rug is partially done, and this makes me happy and gives me more motivation to get back to crocheting a bunch more and adding them on as I go.
So maybe by 2050 I’ll have this rug to put my ugly feet on.
In the mean time, check out the other ladies of the Pinterest Challenge 2012 Winter Edition.
- Sherry livin’ life large over at Young House Love
- Cassie keeping things sweet at Hi Sugarplum
- Erin setting her camping tent up inside at The Great Indoors
- Katie Bower Powering through growing another muchkin at Bower Power Blog