Remember when our upstairs was a hot mess (and this photo was after we had done some demo).
Then after we ripped it all apart, we put on an addition, and framed up two bedrooms?
Wait for it.
Wait for it.
Wwaiiittt for it.
One of the things Andy did in this room, which I have to admit is super cute was build that nook above the closet. He built that specifically so one day we can put a ladder up there so our kids can have a fun nook to read/play in. I absolutely love it! Obviously we won’t allow that to happen for many many many many years, but the fact he even though of it was ridiculously heartening.
Okay, are you ready for the next mind blow? Our master bedroom!
The hallway is all primed too!
I can’t believe the timeline it took to get the entire house drywalled and primed. We’re talking roughly 10 days. 10 days to drywall, tape, mud, sand, touch up, and clean up four bedrooms, two with cathedral ceilings, a downstairs nook/hallway and a huge tall hallway stairwell. Oh, and add in sanding 30 ends to 15 beams and then wrapping said 15 beams in plastic. Wait, then we had to do an initial priming of them, and then spray the ceiling paint.
It was done through help from my neighbors, and an incredible amount of hard work from my husband who spent every moment he wasn’t at work or sleeping covered head to toe in drywall dust. We are both so relieved it’s done.
Now it’s onto the fun part – PAINTING! Then we get to trim out the doors and windows and lay our flooring. Oh man. It’s *so hard* to believe we’re finally at that point from when we started this in June of 2012. We added about 1,000 square feet to our house in about 8 months, with no outside contractor.
As I told you once, I’m almost positive my husband was infused with mutant and ox DNA as a child.
So while we take a small break from the crazy whirlwind week that happened we’re going to go enjoy the fresh snowfall outside and make our final decisions on paint colors and then….then prep to rip apart the original house this spring potentially.